You will need these materials to follow the course:
- English for life. Intermediate. Student’s book with multiROM Pack. ISBN: 978-0-19-430760-4.This pack includes:
- Student’s Book
- Student’s MultiROM
- English for life. Intermediate. Workbook with key.ISBN: 978-0-19-430764-2
UNIT 2 TALKING ABOUT REGULAR AND TEMPORARY ACTIVITIES
- If you want to know more: Describing states (Video)
UNIT 4 TALKING ABOUT FUTURE ARRANGEMENTS
To be constipated
Emily Winston. Burlington. Activity reader
Vocabulary: Claddagh ring
UNIT 5 EXPRESSIONS WITH GET
- You can visit this website: 36 expressions with get and create a spider diagram (to develop an illustration for the topic of “get”)
- Here you have an example
Then write a paragraph about a typical day in your lives using some of the expressions with get.
UNIT 6 EVENTS IN THE PAST
- Past simple. TO BE: REVISION
UNIT 7 THE 90/10 SECRET
UNIT 8 TALKING ABOUT POSSESSIONS
UNIT 11 ACCOMMODATION ADVERTISEMENTS
UNIT 10. GRAMMAR
UNIT 13 NOUNS AND ADJECTIVES
WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER?
- The world’s favourite number
This song is a protest song about the Vietnam War. John Lennon and Yoko Ono regularly campaigned for peace, and in 1969 they rented billboards and posters in eleven cities around the world with the message:
UNIT 14 TAKING ABOUT PAST EVENTS AND EXPERIENCES
- When to use the Present Perfect
- Present perfect⇔ Simple past
- Present perfect- Simple past contrasted
The present perfect with ever is often followed by the simple past. We use the simple past to give more information about a completed action, when referring to a specific time or context.
Have you ever been to Italy? Yes, I have. I was in Rome in 1998 when I worked in a travel agency.
UNIT 15: An interview to the French spiderman interview
- A day in the life of Jane Goodall
2nd Term Reader
“Dian and the Gorillas”. Dominoes Three. OXFORD. Video
UNIT 16. TALKING ABOUT NUMBERS
- Expressing numbers
- Some more information
- VIDEO: Big numbers
- VIDEO 2: Large numbers
UNIT 17 TALKING ABOUT HEALTH AND FITNESS
go for/ go to / go+ V_ing
UNIT 18 TALKING ABOUT THE FUTURE
You can have a look at unit 50 Pre-intermediate II. Comparing will-going to
UNIT 19 GIVING SOME ADVICE
UNIT 20 TALKING ABOUT A RELATIONSHIP
- Means of transport 1
- Means of transport 2
- Now you can create a wordmap with the vocabulary from this unit. You can use: Bubbl.us
- Emergency signs
UNIT 22 EVENTS AT DIFFERENT TIMES IN THE PAST
A SONG: Good bye my lover. James Blunt
UNIT 24 BOOKING A FLIGHT
Put in order this dialogue.
- Grammar: prepositions of time.
UNIT 25 DESCRIBING FOOD
Here you have again a wordmap. Complete it with the vocabulary from this unit.
off is used to describe food when it is not fresh or good enough to eat, e.g. This milk is off. However, with products such as bread, biscuits and cake, we usually use stale, e.g. These biscuits are stale.
Some English idioms and expressions related to food:
e.g. “If you announce that you’re going to leave your work, your parents will go bananas!
- Spill the beans: If you reveal a secret or talk about something private, e.g. “Come on! Spill the beans! What did she say?”(= to let the cat out of the bag).
- Here you have more English idioms and idiomatic expressions.
UNIT 26 CHECKING AND CONFIRMING INFORMATION
UNIT 30 TAKING ABOUT IMAGINARY SITUATIONS
UNIT 32 CHECKING INTO A HOTEL
UNIT 33 USING UNCOUNTABLE AND PLURAL NOUNS
UNIT 34 TALKING ABOUT PAST HABITS AND STATES